Who Are We and How To Contact Us?
The Share&Charge Foundation is a nonprofit organization based in Zug, Switzerland focused on creating a global standard for seamless and smart charging.
Many data processing processes are only possible with your express consent. You can revoke your consent at any time. All you need to do is send us an informal e-mail.
Personal Data We Collect
We collect your personal information in order to provide and improve products and services related to Share&Charge, and to communicate with you about the Share&Charge protocol and other developments. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us:In the course of submitting a newsletter subscription and other web forms, creating an account in features such as the Share&Charge app, direct correspondence with Share&Charge team members, and/or other activities you may provide to us and we may collect from you personal information potentially including: name, title, organization, email address, phone number, mailing address, social media handles, profile picture, etc.
- Automatic Information:In the process of browsing the shareandcharge.com website, opening and clicking links in emails from us, and other activities, we automatically receive and store information that helps us improve our content, products, and services, such as whether you’ve opened an email, which links you may have clicked in that email, and which pages of our website are most popular.
- Information From Other Sources:We might receive information about you from other sources, similar in nature to the basic types of personal information outlined above in the Information You Give Us section.
Who Has Access To Your Information
We will never sell, lease, or otherwise share your personal information with unaffiliated, third-party individuals and organizations. Your personal information will only be used: a) across the Share&Charge team to deliver services and communications, and b) with Share&Charge affiliated companies (e.g. eMobilify GmbH), and vendors (e.g., Google Analytics, Hubspot, MailChimp, Slack) only as necessary to deliver Share&Charge services and communications and to perform the functions described above.
How We Use Your Information
Your information will be used to improve Share&Charge products, services, and communications, and to offer a more tailored and engaging experience with Share&Charge, potentially including, but not limited to:
- Delivery of our newsletter and other email announcements to which you directly subscribed
- Delivery of other marketing and communications
- Social media engagement
- Delivery of targeted Share&Charge content from other platforms (e.g., embedded Share&Charge YouTube videos)
- Invitations to participate in potential projects of interest
- Creating and maintaining an account in the Share&Charge app.
Options For Managing Your Personal Information
Some of the Internet pages use so-called cookies. Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer and do not contain any viruses. Cookies serve to make our website more user-friendly, effective and secure. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and saved by your browser.
What Are Cookies
Cookies are small files containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies may store user preferences and other information—within your current browsing session, across multiple sessions when you return to the site, or both. Cookies also enable certain site functionality, such as login to the Share&Charge app.
Cookies set by the website owner (i.e., Share&Charge Foundation) are called “first-party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third-party cookies”. Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g., analytics, social media integration, content from third-party sites).
Types of Cookies and How We Use Them
• Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
• Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
• Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our content and social media partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant content on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted content.
Options For Managing Your Preferences
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies.
This website uses functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics. The provider is Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analysing user behaviour in order to optimise both his website and his advertising.
We have activated the IP anonymization function on this website. This will cause your IP address to be cut by Google within Member States of the European Union or in other countries party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before being transmitted to the USA. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with other services relating to website and Internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
Objection To Data Collection
You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is set which prevents the collection of your data on future visits to this website:
Disable Google Analytics.
Facebook, Google and YouTube
This website uses social plugins from Facebook and Google (Google+ and YouTube). These are offers from the US companies Facebook and Google Inc (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”)).
When you visit a page that contains such a plugin, your browser connects to Facebook or Google and the content is loaded from those pages. Your visit to this website may be tracked by Facebook and Google, even if you do not actively use the social plugin function. If you have a Facebook or Google account, you can use such a social plugin to share information with your friends. The Share&Charge Foundation has no influence on the content of the plugins and the transmission of information.
Facebook and Google provide detailed information on the scope, type, purpose and further processing of your data on their websites. Here you will also find further information on your rights and setting options to protect your privacy.
If you wish to receive the newsletter offered on the website, we require an e-mail address from you as well as information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the e-mail address provided and that you agree to receive the newsletter. Further data will not be collected or will only be collected on a voluntary basis. We use these data exclusively for the dispatch of the requested information and do not pass these on to third parties.
The data entered in the newsletter registration form will be processed exclusively on the basis of your consent. You can revoke your consent to the storage of data, e-mail address and their use to send the newsletter at any time, for example via the “Unsubscribe” link in the newsletter. The data you have stored with us for the purpose of subscribing to the newsletter will be stored by us until you unsubscribe from the newsletter and deleted after you cancel the newsletter.
The continuous development of the internet also impacts our data privacy strategy. Changes will be announced on this page in due time.